The Jellyfish Jiggle Book Review
The jellyfish Jiggle is a colorful and fun little book that is not only packed with cute little life lessons such as self-acceptance, courage, and the importance of friends, but also encourages both children and adults to get up and move to their own rhythm (literally and figuratively!). The adorable illustrations immediately make you fall in love with little Jules and A LOVED OctoRocto so much that every time we took the book off the shelf, he shouted with excitement that he would be OctoRocto and I could be Jules.
The Jellyfish Jiggle follows the adventures of Jules, an energetic, clumsy little jellyfish who is just trying her best to learn the gentle jellyfish sway and move like all the other elegant jellyfish. Unfortunately, despite her best efforts, she just can’t seem to get it right, and end up being laughed at and ridiculed by the other jellyfish. On her journey to find her gentle sway, she finally meets a very special friend that reminds her to let go, to be herself, but most importantly to have fun!
More about the author – Kayla Diamond
Kayla Diamond is the stunning South African author behind this adorable little book. She has been working with children ever since she started her career. She has done it all from being a child minder, to a babysitter, au pair, tutor, teacher and finally a children’s book author – and she has loved every second of it!
Kayla has been wanting to write children’s books ever since she started in college, and was finally inspired to put her dream on paper while she was sitting on the beach and saw a group of children playing with glow toys. The one toy wasn’t glowing and looked a little dull and she just decided to go for it, and so her first book “GLOW” was born.
Kayla’s aim is to produce beautiful books that inspire a love for early literacy, based on topics that both adults and children can relate to.
What we loved about The Jellyfish Jiggle book:
- The Jellyfish Jiggle can be used in so many different ways and I love how it speaks to kids of all ages! A enjoyed the book just as much as my Grade 2 class did.
- I loved how the book teaches some valuable life lessons in a simple yet powerful way, some of which include:
- We are all different and unique, and our strengths lie in different places, and that’s okay!
- It is not okay to bully, laugh or ridicule our friends because they are different from us. We should love and support each other, and we might just learn something new from our friends.
- A teacher can make or break a student.
- The friends we choose can lift us up or break us down. Always choose your friends carefully.
- We should accept our differences and be ourselves! We are all perfect in our very own way.
- Sometimes we need to let loose and have some fun! Positive energy is contagious.
- I also loved how this book can be used as a bedtime story or even to get your little one on their feet and moving as they jump, move, shake, jiggle and wiggle with Jules, OctoRocto and all the other sea creatures!
- Last but not least – I really loved the colors, illustrations and characters of the book. It not only grabs the little one’s attention, but it keeps them entertained and wanting more. They listened intentionally and the book encouraged them to ask questions like “why is she sad?”, “why are they angry”,etc.
Whichever way you choose to use the story it guarantees lots of fun, giggles, jiggling and wiggling! It definitely gets a thumbs up from us!
You could win one of 3 “The Jellyfish Jiggle” books just by answering the following question in the comments box below:
What is the name of the book where Jules seek to find her gentle jellyfish sway?
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr Seuss
A and mommy Xx